If you do not know your skin type, take the following steps to determine which type of skin you have. This will help you decide what your skin's needs are.
Easy steps as below:
1. Wash your face with a normal cleanser, then rinse and pat dry.
2. Wait an hour.
3. Note if your skin feels tight or not
4. Press a separate piece of tissue onto each facial area; chin, center of cheeks, center of forehead, outer forehead and nose.
5. Examine each tissue and look for oil residue or flaky skin residue.
6. Wite down your results and use the guide below to help determine your skin type.
Oily skin type: There should be an oily residue on eah tissue. Even a small amount oil on each tissue counts as oily skin.
Dry skin type: There will be flaky skin residue on a lot of the tissues and there should not be any oily residue on the tissue, the skin will also have a tight feeling.
Normal or combination skin type: There will be oil on some tissues (Specifically those areas, such as the center of forehead, nose, chin and center of cheeks) and it will be dry on other pieces of tissue. Sometimes you will even notice a flaky skin residue on some of the pieces.
Pore size is another way to know your skin type; small pores generally indicate dry skin, while large pores mean oily skin.
Remember that there are many factors that affect your skin type, such as weather, emotions, hormones and stress; this will cause your skin type to fluctuate. If you still are unsure about your skin type results take another sample after you response with your testimony.
Monday, December 30, 2013
What's your skin type?