Saturday, September 10, 2011

I found my new winter foundation!

I finally bought my winter foundation and I couldn't be any happier : ) I have tried many samples of a whole lot of foundations. I am very happy with the chosen winner LOL. 

And the winner is.......... LAURA MERCIER CREAM SMOOTH FOUNDATION : )

Laura created this modern, lightweight foundation that floats over skin without visibly settling into fine lines. The hydrating formula includes a multipeptide complex infused with Dermaxyl and advanced optical diffusers that help to visibly smooth out lines and wrinkles.
It is best for normal-to-dry skin. According research you should see reduced lines and wrinkles in four weeks of use.

Cream smooth foundation is recommended to be applied with your fingers. Because it is a gel base foundation and your body heat will make the application easier. I personally do not apply it with my fingers. I run my mixing plate under HOT water. After the mixing plate is nice and hot I scoop some product out onto it and it melts and turns into a liquid. I then use my SIGMA F80 ( flat top kabuki brush ) to buff in the foundation. Using a regular foundation brush with this product you are going to see streaks. If I do not have time for that I just scoop some out and dabb it on the four points on my face and buff it out with my F-80.

At first impression of my sample that I had gotten, I tought that I will not be getting this because it was so thick in consistency . But a LITTLE definitely goes a long way. The consistency of this foundation is very much like MACs Studio Sculpt foundation. The coverage is very much the same also. Medium to full coverage. Studio sculpt is a little bit lighter. But they are so close that you can hardly tell the difference in the two. I have seen in a review someone compare it to dream mousse foundation. NO WAY! This is a gel base foundation I don't see how that can be the same as a mousse consistency. The only thing that similar is the packaging THAT's ALL lol.

Exact match
Laura Mercier - Tawny Beige
MAC - NC 35

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...